BanksPhotos/iStock(MINNEAPOLIS) — A Minneapolis man was looking for a random adult to kill over the weekend before he threw a 5-year-old boy from a third-floor balcony at the Mall of America, authorities revealed Monday.Emmanuel Aranda, 24, grabbed the child and tossed him down nearly 40 feet on Friday, leaving the boy with life-threatening injuries, including multiple broken bones and severe head trauma, according to charging documents.Aranda ran away from the scene, but police apprehended him at a nearby light rail station in Bloomington, about 10 miles south of Minneapolis. Officers said he appeared “calm” as he was arrested and never questioned why he was taken into custody.Aranda told investigators he was “looking for someone to kill, but it did not ‘work out,’” according to a probable cause document released Monday. He said he came up with a plan to “kill someone at the mall” on Thursday and indicated that he was angry because women at the mall had rejected him.“He said he planned to kill an adult, because they usually stand near the balcony, but he chose the victim instead,” the document said. “[He] indicated he had been coming to the mall for several years and had made efforts to talk to women in the mall, but had been rejected, and the rejection caused him to lash out and be aggressive.” Investigators said he repeatedly acknowledged he’d come with intentions to kill and signaled that he was “aware that what he was doing was wrong,” according to the charging documents.Aranda was previously banned from the mall for throwing water in a woman’s face and destroying property. Police said also he had a warrant for an arrest in Illinois on assault charges.Police said surveillance video from the scene showed Aranda entering the third floor of the mall and looking over the balcony several times before he approached the 5-year-old victim and his mother.The victim’s mother said she noticed the suspect getting “very close to them” and asked if she and her son should move, the documents said. Aranda remained silent as he lifted the boy up over the balcony, “without warning,” and threw him down to the first floor, according to the charging documents.Family members said the child was fighting for his life as of Monday evening.“His condition has very little change at this point, but we are hoping to get some good news back from some upcoming tests in the next few days,” the family wrote in a post on GoFundme Monday night. “The family is continuing to request privacy during this time.”A GoFundMe campaign to assist with the boy’s medical and rehabilitation costs had raised more than $659,000 as of early Tuesday, surpassing a $500,000 goal.Aranda was being held on felony charges of premeditated murder, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison. It’s unclear whether Aranda has obtained an attorney.Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
By Dialogo March 25, 2013 SANTO DOMINGO, RepÃºblica Dominicana â€“ El mayor general Rolando Rosado Mateo (hablando en la foto), presidente de la DirecciÃ³n Nacional de Control de Drogas (DNCD), informÃ³ que las autoridades antinarcÃ³ticos desmantelaron una red de narcotrÃ¡fico e incautaron 680 kg de cocaÃna en un aviÃ³n privado en el aeropuerto de Punta Cana, el 20 de marzo. (CortesÃa DNCD). SANTO DOMINGO, RepÃºblica Dominicana â€“ Las autoridades antinarcÃ³ticos dominicanas encontraron 680 kg de cocaÃna escondidos dentro de 26 piezas de equipaje en un aviÃ³n Falcon 50 que despegarÃa del aeropuerto de Punta Cana con destino a Puerto Rico, el 20 de marzo. (CortesÃa DNCD). SANTO DOMINGO, RepÃºblica Dominicana â€“ Las autoridades antinarcÃ³ticos dominicanas encontraron 680 kg de cocaÃna escondidos dentro de 26 piezas de equipaje en un aviÃ³n Falcon 50 en el aeropuerto de Punta Cana, el 20 de marzo. Unas 35 personas fueron arrestadas en vinculaciÃ³n con la incautaciÃ³n. (CortesÃa DNCD) SANTO DOMINGO, RepÃºblica Dominicana â€“ Los 35 sospechosos arrestados el 20 de marzo tras la incautaciÃ³n de 680 kg de cocaÃna ocultos en un aviÃ³n en el aeropuerto de Punta Cana presuntamente trabajaban para una importante red de contrabando que traficaba droga desde AmÃ©rica del Sur a Francia, BÃ©lgica, Holanda y otros paÃses europeos. (CortesÃa DNCD)
Natural gas sales rise Russia’s largest independent natural gas producer Novatek reported a rise in its profit for the second quarter and the first six months of this year.Profit for the second quarter increased to 32 billion Russian rubles ($508.9 million) from 3.2 billion Russian rubles reported in the corresponding quarter in 2017.Profit for the first six months of 2018, increased 1.2 percent to 75.2 billion Russian rubles from 74.2 billion Russian rubles in 2017.Revenues for the second quarter jumped 52 percent to 195.8 billion Russian rubles while the first half of the year revenue stood at 375.2 billion Russian rubles, 32.4 percent.The increase in revenue was largely due to the production launch of the first liquefaction train at the Yamal LNG plant at the end of 2017, as well as an increase in average realized liquids and natural gas prices. In the second quarter and the first half of 2018, our natural gas sales volumes totaled 15.1 billion and 35.4 billion cubic meters (bcm), representing increases of 5.3 percent and 6.9 percent, respectively, as compared to the corresponding periods in 2017.The increase was due to the commencement of sales of LNG purchased from Yamal LNG to international markets from December 2017 and an increase in volumes sold in Russia.As at the end of the second quarter of 2018, Novatek’s cumulative natural gas inventory balances mainly in the underground gas storage facilities, the gas transmission system and own pipeline infrastructure totaled 1.3 bcm as compared to 0.6 bcm at the end of the second quarter of 2017.