Journalist Genka Shikerova target of second arson attack

first_imgNews Help by sharing this information BulgariaEurope – Central Asia Bulgarian below.The company car of bTV journalist Genka Shikerova was set on fire outside her home in Sofia shortly after midnight last night and investigators believe it was deliberately set. In September last year, the journalist’s private car was set on fire, and she later gave an interview to Reporters Without Borders. “This second attack increases our fears for the safety of Genka Shikerova, a political journalist known for her uncompromising interviews,” said Lucie Morillon, head of research at the organization. “These repeat crimes are a cause for concern and must be stopped by the police, who must do all in their power to find those responsible and bring them to justice.” Receive email alerts to go further Bulgaria: RSF condemns refusal to investigate reporter’s violent arrest April 2, 2014 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Journalist Genka Shikerova target of second arson attack RSF and 60 other organisations call for an EU anti-SLAPP directive Bulgaria’s general election: RSF publishes 10 proposals to rescue press freedom Follow the news on Bulgaria March 10, 2021 Find out morecenter_img Related documents Журналистката Генка Шикерова е обект на нов криминален палежPDF – 196.21 KB RSF_en News News News February 11, 2021 Find out more Shikerova, the host of the morning show Tazi sutrin (This Morning), told Nova TV she was sure the arson attack was in no way connected to her private life. She added that she had not received any threats in the weeks before the fire. Sofia police chief Ivailo Spiridonov said on bTV the attack was most probably linked to her work as a journalist.Referring to the earlier investigation, Spiridonov said it was possible the crime was committed to order by contract criminals. Unfortunately the police investigation into the first attack was inconclusive and was closed at the end of 2013. So far neither the person who gave or the order nor the perpetrator of the attack has been identified.Photo: bTV Organisation BulgariaEurope – Central Asia December 2, 2020 Find out morelast_img read more

República Dominicana: DNCD desarticula organización narcotraficante

first_imgBy Dialogo March 25, 2013 SANTO DOMINGO, República Dominicana – El mayor general Rolando Rosado Mateo (hablando en la foto), presidente de la Dirección Nacional de Control de Drogas (DNCD), informó que las autoridades antinarcóticos desmantelaron una red de narcotráfico e incautaron 680 kg de cocaína en un avión privado en el aeropuerto de Punta Cana, el 20 de marzo. (Cortesía DNCD). SANTO DOMINGO, República Dominicana – Las autoridades antinarcóticos dominicanas encontraron 680 kg de cocaína escondidos dentro de 26 piezas de equipaje en un avión Falcon 50 que despegaría del aeropuerto de Punta Cana con destino a Puerto Rico, el 20 de marzo. (Cortesía DNCD). SANTO DOMINGO, República Dominicana – Las autoridades antinarcóticos dominicanas encontraron 680 kg de cocaína escondidos dentro de 26 piezas de equipaje en un avión Falcon 50 en el aeropuerto de Punta Cana, el 20 de marzo. Unas 35 personas fueron arrestadas en vinculación con la incautación. (Cortesía DNCD) SANTO DOMINGO, República Dominicana – Los 35 sospechosos arrestados el 20 de marzo tras la incautación de 680 kg de cocaína ocultos en un avión en el aeropuerto de Punta Cana presuntamente trabajaban para una importante red de contrabando que traficaba droga desde América del Sur a Francia, Bélgica, Holanda y otros países europeos. (Cortesía DNCD)last_img read more

RAN 15s Championship final

first_img– Green Machine rally late but – fall 23 – 19 to USA PanthersIN what many are calling the most exciting International Rugby game ever held in Guyana, the ‘Green Machine’ surged late but time was not on their side as they fell short (23 – 19) against the USA in the finals of the Rugby Americas North (RAN) 15s Championship at the National Park yesterday.With the Golden Arrow Head and flag of United States of America (USA) fluttering in the air, thanks to the luscious wind from the mighty Atlantic (ocean), the Stars and Stripes and the ‘Green Machine’ gave the scores of Guyanese who turned up yesterday, something to remember.Guyana’s Avery Corbin bullies his way against a dogged USA defence yesterday at the National ParkThe Americans would retain the title; one which they lost to the Guyanese in 2014 while Guyana, playing in their sixth final at this level, would have to wait another year before they can make another run for the trophy they believe belongs to the Land of Many Waters.Thanks to conversations from Wayne Chermely and Hein Eramus and a conversion from Zach Miller, the USA ended the first half leading 13 – 0.However, in the second half, despite Miller scoring another penalty to give the Americans a 16 – 0 lead, Guyana, backed by a vociferous crowd at the National Park, rebounded well to give their supporters some glimmer of hope.Amhad Issacs powering his way in the clash between Guyana and the USA.Avery Corbin scored a try and Allen Crawford scored a conversion to put scores 16 – 7 in favour of the Americans, but Jordon Gunderson would score for the visitors and Miller made good a conversion to hand the USA team a 23 – 7 lead.With Guyana controlling the defensive end, Osie McKenzie scored two tries; the first in the 77th minute and the other three minutes later, but Lancelot Adonis would miss a conversion, while Godfrey Broomes sink the other, with time expiring on the Guyanese side.The ‘Green Machine’ received thunderous applause from the crowd in attendance, who chanted their name in showing appreciation for their effort, while the USA side were also appreciated for their rugged style of play.last_img read more

TTFA files injunction to stop Tuesday’s EGM

first_imgTHE attorneys for former president of the T&T Football Association (TTFA) William Wallace and his team filed an injunction last Friday to stop Tuesday’s Emergency General Meeting (EGM) by the sports’ general membership from taking place.The injunction, filed with the Registrar of the High Court of Justice, comes two days after questions were raised about the legitimacy of the meeting by Osmond Downer, the T&T Football Referees Association (T&TFRA) vice-president, who also worked on the TTFA amended constitution in 2015, and a day after Robert Hadad, the chairman of the FIFA-appointed Normalisation Committee (NC) which also comprises attorney Judy Daniel (deputy chairman) and former banker Nigel Romano (member) wrote to the membership informing them that the meeting is on and all concerns that were raised have been resolved.Justice Carol Gobin, who ruled in the TTFA favour on August 13, that T&T High Court can hear the former TTFA executive officers’ appeal against the implementation of a NC, will hear the application during a Case Management conference tomorrow.In its application to the T&T High Court of Justice naming the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association as the claimant and FIFA as the defendant has asked the court for the following:1) taking any further steps to convene and/or conduct any meeting, on the 15th September 2020 or any other date, which purports to be an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Claimant;2) instructing and/or directing any person or persons to seek to withdraw the instant claim and/or in any way, manner of fashion from interfering with or seeking to undermine, the instant proceedings, except by way of lawful representations made by the Defendant’s duly appointed Attorneys-at-Law or other lawful intervention3) making use of and/or publication of the Claimant’s Official Logo, Letterhead, and Stamp/Seal; and 2. That the Defendant do pay the costs of this Application.The application has listed 20 grounds for the TTFA requests, while Williams has produced an affidavit with 20 documents which comprised among others, the membership signed petition letter dated August 28, the response from Hadad dated September 4, agreeing to convene the EGM on September 15 and the August 26 letter from general secretary of FIFA Fatma Samoura, addressed to Hadad, warning that TTFA would face sanctions if it did not withdraw the matter out of the T&T High Court by September 16.Wallace is claiming that at item 12 of his affidavit that the stakeholders meeting which the Shamfa Cudjoe, the Ministry of Sports and Community Development called on August 28, he believed was attended by Hadad, and the previous TTFA president David John-Williams as well as other persons, was to request and convene an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) of the TTFA.The affidavit gives a general account from the first day of FIFA’s takeover of TTFA on March 17 with all relevant documents and email correspondences between parties.Wallace and his three vice-presidents Joseph Sam Phillip, Clynt Taylor and Susan Joseph-Warrick and associates Keith Look Loy, the president of the T&T Super League and Anthony Harford, the president of the Northern Football Association, have always resisted FIFA’s decision to implement a Normalisation Committee to manage the TTFA after it enforced Article 8.2 of the FIFA Statutes which states: ‘Executive bodies of member associations may under exceptional circumstances be removed from office by the Council in consultation with the relevant confederation and replaced by a normalisation committee for a specific period.The TTFA is represented by attorneys Dr Emir Crowne, Matthew Gayle, Crystal Paul and Jason Jones, while FIFA’s legal team is Cherie Gopie and M. Hamel-Smith & Co. (Extracted from Triinidad Guardian)last_img read more