7 suspected ‘ninja cops’ in Region 6

first_img“Well, I’m sorry to tell you,everybody dies in this world but you will go ahead first. Remember that,” saidDuterte./PN ILOILO City – Seven policemen inWestern Visayas are suspected to be recycling shabu confiscated in anti-illegaldrug operations. Pamuspusan declined to name the sevenpolicemen or pinpoint where they are assigned. “So we are left with seven, all stillin active service,” said Pamuspusan. The President himself will identifythe 762 “ninja cops” in his list after his visit to Russia; he returns on Oct. 6. “We admit it is hard for us to pinthem down because we have no evidence. We need to catch these erring copsred-handed,” said Pamuspusan.center_img Previously, he said, there were 33suspected “ninja cops” in the region but some already retired, died, went AWOL(absent without official leave), or were reassigned to other regions. Pamuspusan said the PRO-6’sintelligence division is monitoring the movement of the seven policemen. The names of the policemen appeared inPresident Rodrigo Duterte’s list of these so-called “ninja cops”, according toPolice Brigadier General Rene Pamuspusan, director of the Police RegionalOffice 6 (PRO-6). In a speech in Parañaque City on Sept.25, Duterte slammed policemen who “sell drugs and go scot-free, and they thinkthey are the lords of this country.”last_img read more

Sagna sidelined with injury

first_img Press Association “You expect when you play so many games with that much intensity that you will lose one or two players. “We have so many games that I always knew I’d have to make changes. Full-back is a demanding position.” Lukas Podolski is expected to return to training this week having recovered from his own hamstring injury with the trip to Manchester City on December 14 the earliest possible date for the German forward’s return. “Lukas Podolski should be back in normal training after the Hull game,” Wenger said. “He will then be available but he lacks match fitness. It will take at least a week with normal training to consider him fit for the squad.” Wenger denied reports that he has agreed a six-month loan deal for Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata and that a £6million bid for Brazilian marksman Alexandre Pato has been rejected by Corinthians. Sagna is expected to be out for one match with Carl Jenkinson set to replace the French full-back as the Gunners seek to increase their lead at the top of the table. “I believe we will lose Sagna who has a slight hamstring problem and he should be out for tomorrow’s game,” manager Arsene Wenger said. center_img Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna will miss Wednesday night’s Barclays Premier League clash with Hull at the Emirates Stadium with a hamstring injury.last_img read more

High pass rate as IAAF Level I Coaching Course concludes

first_imgPRESIDENT of the Athletics Association of Guyana (AAG) Aubrey Hutson said he’s happy with the pass rate of participants who recently took the Coaches Education and Certification System (CECS) IAAF Level I Coaching Course, conducted by IAAF Lecturer Oscar Gadea of Uruguay and IAAF Instructor Raymond Gilson of Suriname.A total of 24 potential coaches started the 12-day course but eventually two dropped out and, according to reports, some 20 of the remaining 22 participants passed the examinations at the end of the period.Hutson said he would not confirm the number of passes, as the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) certificates for those who passed were still being finalised.“I was made to understand there was a very high success rate and I’m so elated by this. I cannot wait to see the kind of work that you are going to put out,” Hutson beamed.The AAG on Monday evening held a closing ceremony at Olympic House where he praised the work of Gadea and Gilson, while the newly certified coaches bestowed several tokens of appreciation on the instructors.“You were thorough and you were indepth and this can only move our sport forward, based on the kind of commitment that we’ve got now from our coaches,” Hutson said to the gathering.The coaches, however, will officially receive their certificates at the AAG Annual Awards ceremony set for February 11. Hutson explained that it was only through diligence that the course became a reality after the AAG had been continuously trying to host the course for some time now.“This is the first for South America and it did not happen by fluke, it happened by perseverance to convince the IAAF that Guyana has been knocking on the door for a long time; so as soon as the manuals became available in English we were the first,” Hutson said.Hutson also shared that this course was by no means the end of training that the AAG hopes to do. Given that over 50 persons had initially applied to participate in the course, but a maximum only 24 participants were allowed per course, the AAG hopes to hold another course later this year.“We would want to go on to certify another 24. If we have 48 certified coaches in the system it would really and truly do well for Guyana athletics. We want to certify another 24 coaches as ideally we would have had in excess of 50 applications, of which we could have only taken 24 into this course.”However, he reminded that this hope would depend heavily on financing. Hutson explained that the course was funded mostly with money from the annual US$25 000 grant that the Association receives from the IAAF. There was also assistance from the Guyana Olympic Association (GOA) and National Sports Commission (NSC) with facilities and meals.Apart from acquiring certified coaches Hutson said the AAG is also looking towards certifying technical officials. Once the officials are certified locally the next step would be to get them overseas exposure at regional and international meets.“In March we’re supposed to have our first National Technical Officials course in Guyana where we will be certifying our technical officials to conduct track meets properly. Right now in Guyana we have not one active national technical official, but when we do those people can go on to become area technical officials,” Hutson said.last_img read more

1xBet named as international presenting partner for Serie A

first_img Marek Suchar: “As esports betting grows, we will no longer speak about it as one sport” June 18, 2020 Share 1xBet has been named International Presenting Partner of Italy’s Serie A from 2018 to 2021, covering Europe, Africa, the Middle East, North Africa and the Americas.The announcement follows Interregional Sports Group’s (ISG) renewal of the International Presenting Sponsor (IPS) rights for Italy’s top football league – a category that ISG introduced to the market for the first time in the 2015/16 season.“We are delighted to have 1xBet as a partner,” said ISG joint Chairman Simon Burgess. “We are confident that Serie A will enable 1xBet to boost its brand courtesy of a direct link with its target audience.”As part of the agreement, 1xBet will be featured in all match graphics, idents and virtual goal mat advertising across every live Serie A game, on all platforms that are broadcast in the regions covered in the terms of the deal.In addition, 1xBet will have extensive use of on and off-line assets, and will launch activation programmes alongside the league in each of its territories.A spokesman for 1xBet said: “We are proud to have signed a partnership agreement for the next three seasons, and we hope that we will make a tangible contribution to the development of Italian football as well as giving the fans the best betting experience.”The announcement comes just a few days after ISG went to market with the first stage of its ground-breaking betting partner package for Formula 1, which was formally unveiled at this year’s Betting on Sports conference. LiveScore adds new leagues to streaming offering August 12, 2020 Related Articles StumbleUpon Submit Share SBC Magazine Issue 10: Kaizen Gaming rebrand and focus for William Hill CEO August 25, 2020last_img read more

Real Madrid sign the ‘Japanese Messi’ Kubo from FC Tokyo

first_imgNicknamed the ‘Japanese Messi’, Kubo was earmarked for a future at the Nou Camp but returned to Japan after Barcelona were found guilty of youth transfer breaches and handed a 14-month transfer ban by FIFA.Real Madrid, under returning boss Zinedine Zidane, are making sweeping changes following a disappointing, trophyless campaign last season.Kubo joins the likes of Belgian playmaker Eden Hazard, Serbian striker Luka Jovic and French defender Ferland Mendy in making moves to the Santiago Bernabeu in recent days. Real Madrid have signed Japanese striker Takefusa Kubo, with the Spanish club hailing the 18-year-old as “one of the most promising youngsters in world football”.Kubo, 18, is expected to have signed a five-year contract for an undisclosed fee, and will go straight into Real’s B team, Castilla, in the third tier of Spanish football next season.“A technically gifted and hugely talented attacking midfielder, he possesses wonderful vision, quick feet and has an eye for goal,” the club said.Kubo, who made his Japan debut against El Salvador earlier this month, impressed for table-topping J League side FC Tokyo.He is currently in Brazil with the rest of the Japan squad preparing for the Copa America, where they are competing as a guest team, which begins later on Friday.Kubo’s arrival in Madrid will not be his first taste of Spanish football, having joined Barcelona’s famed La Masia youth academy aged nine. Kubo has been dubbed the ‘Japanese Messi’last_img read more