West Brom boss Tony Pulis says club are yet to receive January bid for Tottenham and Newcastle target

first_img1 Saido Berahino West Brom boss Tony Pulis insists the club have yet to receive a bid for striker Saido Berahino during the January transfer window.Berahino’s future has been uncertain since handing in a transfer request at the start of the season amid several rejected offers from Tottenham.The rumours reignited when the 22-year-old was left out of the matchday squad at Bristol City for Tuesday night’s FA Cup third round replay, before it was confirmed that he was missing through illness.This week Spurs, along with Chelsea and Newcastle, were reported to have tabled bids but Pulis denied that such an approach had been made.WOULD TOTTENHAM BE WISE TO RESIST THE BERAHINO TEMPTATION?Pulis expects the speculation surrounding his joint-top goalscorer to continue until the transfer window closes on February 1.“The present situation is the club has not received any offers at all so everything is speculation and you can’t stop people talking,” said Pulis at his pre-match press conference on Friday.“I’m more disappointed for Saido. I told him at the beginning of the window the circus starts again.“If something happens, something happens and he understands that from the last window.“Unless he’s sold now, tomorrow or the next two days it could go to the deadline – it’s a good story.”last_img read more