Anthony Joshua spotted hanging out with Mahrez’s ex-wife

first_imgAnthony Joshua has been spotted hanging out with the estranged wife of Man City’s Alegerian star Riyad Mahrez, The UK Sun revealed today. Heavyweight champion Joshua, 30, and 26-year-old Rita have been seen together twice in the past few weeks at a shisha bar and also at a party at a mutual pal’s pad. The pair first met last December when Joshua invited Rita to join him and pals at their table in a VIP section of the Tape nightclub in London’s Mayfair. Joshua is said to have “backed away” when he realised she was footballer Riyad’s missus. Recently, Joshua and Rita have been seen with friends at The Hart Lounge shisha bar in Southgate, North London. And on Friday night a source said: “Rita’s mad keen on AJ. She thinks they can be a couple. “She’s in touch with him via his circle of friends and loves going out with them, although she really only has eyes for AJ. Loading… Read Also: Lionel Messi reveals date for Barcelona training return He told The Sun in May that finding love now would be tricky as it would mean having to change his ways. He said: “I don’t know how easy that would be.” A spokesman for Joshua said: “Anthony doesn’t personally know Mrs Mahrez and has no wish to, now or in future. He’s disappointed that she or people around her have tried to use his name to generate publicity.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 “She’s been telling people about him, although he has held her at arm’s length.”center_img Another source said: “AJ has been on nights out where Rita is there. He’s ultra-cautious about her. He fears she’s targeted him for publicity as she’s trying to launch a music career.” Rita, living in a £2million mansion in Buckinghamshire, separated from Algerian star Riyad, 29, with whom she has two children, last year. Watford-born Joshua is single. He split from dancer Nicole Osbourne in 2016 and they have a son, JJ, four. Promoted ContentWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?The Most Exciting Cities In The World To VisitIncredible Discoveries That Puzzled The Whole WorldYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime8 Things That Will Happen If An Asteroid Hits EarthWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Couples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body7 Breathtaking Train Stations Around The GlobeTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World8 Ways Drones Will Automate Our FutureEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show Youlast_img read more

Richards feels the frustration

first_img Richards returned to action in City’s victory over Wigan in midweek after six months on the sidelines with a knee injury. During his arduous road to recovery he has not only seen the outstanding Pablo Zabaleta firmly establish himself as first-choice right-back, but City’s grip on the Barclays Premier League crown has all but been relinquished. The 24-year-old said: “It has definitely been frustrating, especially when you see United top of the league. After last season I thought we would have kicked on and maybe been a bit better, maybe retained it. We haven’t done that but I think next season we will regroup and hopefully we will get it back.” Manchester City defender Micah Richards admits it has been doubly frustrating to sit on the sidelines and watch Manchester United march towards title glory. Richards went down injured in a victory over Swansea last October, which in itself had been just the fourth game of a comeback from an ankle problem. It has been the most testing time for a player who has been beset by niggling problems in the past but he accepts he must now bide his time behind Zabaleta. The City youth product said: “Five-and-a-half, six months – it is quite frustrating to be out so long. When I came back I was playing really well. Now Zaba has been class this season. It is going to be hard to get back in but you know what football is like, one minute you are in and the next you are out. When I am in I am going to have to take my chance.” Richards, after returning to training three weeks ago, came into the side as Zabaleta was rested after the exertions of last week’s derby defeat of United and Sunday’s FA Cup semi-final win over Chelsea. But with an important trip to Tottenham coming up this weekend, Richards expects Zabaleta to be restored as City further look to cement second place. He said: “I think Zaba is going to be back in after the way he has been playing but if I am called upon I will give 100 per cent. Last time after injury I almost tried to rush back. This time I don’t want to rush back. I want to take it steady and when I am called upon try to do a job. “For me it is just getting back, getting some minutes under my belt, just to play 80 minutes was enough for me for now. “I will just keep training, working hard, trying to get fitter and stronger. Hopefully I will get some more games before the end of the season.” center_img Press Associationlast_img read more