Mine Union Cites Discrimination in Objection to Peabody’s Push to Give Bankruptcy Bonuses to 42 Office Employees

first_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Christopher Coats for SNL:The United Mine Workers of America launched a challenge to a Peabody Energy Corp. effort that would free up millions in funds for retention payments to 42 “key employees,” calling the effort “inappropriate and unfair.”The objection challenges the company’s request to set aside at least $2.74 million for payments with the approval to increase that amount to $3.24 million with minimal notice.In early June, Peabody stated that the 42 employees provide “vital services” necessary for day-to-day operations and noted that in exit interviews employees have been saying they were seeking higher levels of job security than the coal industry currently offers. The employees include those working in finance, operations, legal, sales, marketing, human resources and information technology.The UMWA questioned the plan, asserting that the company’s “uncertain financial prospects” made such a request unreasonable.Further, the UMWA challenged the selected employees, arguing that the plan is “discriminatory” and should not include company “officers” as they are Peabody insiders.Full article: UMWA challenges Peabody retention plan, calling effort ‘inappropriate and unfair’ Mine Union Cites Discrimination in Objection to Peabody’s Push to Give Bankruptcy Bonuses to 42 Office Employeeslast_img read more

West Brom boss Tony Pulis says club are yet to receive January bid for Tottenham and Newcastle target

first_img1 Saido Berahino West Brom boss Tony Pulis insists the club have yet to receive a bid for striker Saido Berahino during the January transfer window.Berahino’s future has been uncertain since handing in a transfer request at the start of the season amid several rejected offers from Tottenham.The rumours reignited when the 22-year-old was left out of the matchday squad at Bristol City for Tuesday night’s FA Cup third round replay, before it was confirmed that he was missing through illness.This week Spurs, along with Chelsea and Newcastle, were reported to have tabled bids but Pulis denied that such an approach had been made.WOULD TOTTENHAM BE WISE TO RESIST THE BERAHINO TEMPTATION?Pulis expects the speculation surrounding his joint-top goalscorer to continue until the transfer window closes on February 1.“The present situation is the club has not received any offers at all so everything is speculation and you can’t stop people talking,” said Pulis at his pre-match press conference on Friday.“I’m more disappointed for Saido. I told him at the beginning of the window the circus starts again.“If something happens, something happens and he understands that from the last window.“Unless he’s sold now, tomorrow or the next two days it could go to the deadline – it’s a good story.”last_img read more