Fire destroys New Sharon home

first_imgA home at 313 Swan Road in New Sharon was deemed a complete loss after a Wednesday morning fire. (Photo provided by Farmington Fire Rescue)NEW SHARON – A fire Wednesday morning destroyed a home on the Swan Road; New Sharon Chief of Police John Welch said it was an all hands on deck situation from the start.“Right off the bat it was an all call. The home was fully engulfed at that point,” Welch said.Departments from Farmington, Industry, Jay, Norridgewock, Temple and Wilton responded to homeowner Kevin Whittemore’s call from 313 Swan Road. The call was placed at 9:13 a.m. According to Welch, Whittemore had been attempting to thaw some frozen pipes when the fire started. Welch was unsure exactly of how the situation got out of control, but believed that Whittemore set up a hair dryer to get the job done, which possibly fell and started the fire.The trailer home had an addition attached to the top that involved multiple layers of roofing. Welch said they had to call in an excavator to help lift pieces of the roof off in order to access the fire.Nobody was injured from the incident, and the home, which was uninsured, was deemed a complete loss.last_img read more