Video: Chelsea fans react to famous win over Spurs

first_imgClick here for the Chelsea v Tottenham quizSee also: Chelsea v Tottenham: Player ratingsDi Matteo insists Chelsea deserved Wembley triumphControversial Mata goal helps Blues thrash Tottenham Di Matteo confrms Luiz is a doubt for Barcelona clashAdChoices广告Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img

Cohen, School of Cinematic Arts deny daughters were admitted because of donation

first_imgIn a statement to the Daily Trojan, the School of Cinematic Arts said the school is grateful for financial gifts from any donors including alumni, parents and families that help students attend the school. The statement also said students’ admission to the school is not based on financial donations. An article in The Hollywood Reporter Wednesday alleged that the School of Cinematic Arts admitted hedge fund manager Steven Cohen’s daughters in 2014 because of a $5 million donation made by Cohen’s foundation. However, according to spokespeople for Cohen and the School of Cinematic Arts, those allegations are false. In a statement, a spokesperson for the Cohens said the foundation’s donation did not help their children earn admission to USC. The Steven and Alexandra Cohen Foundation made the $5 million donation in September 2014. According to a School of Cinematic Arts spokesperson, Cohen’s daughters were previously admitted in March 2014. The claim came after an FBI investigation was unsealed Tuesday that found 50 celebrities and executives bribed coaches and faculty at universities including USC to ensure their children would be admitted. “The admission of any given student is not dependent on such gifts,” the statement read. “Currently, 70 to 80 percent of our students receive the benefit of some financial assistance. The narrative put forth in The Hollywood Reporter is simply untrue.”center_img Daily Trojan file photo The $5 million donation from the Cohen Foundation established a need-based scholarship to encourage students with financial struggles to pursue their interests in the film industry. “Steve and Alex have been generous philanthropists to a broad range of educational and cultural institutions,” the spokesperson said. “Their children earned admission to USC on the merits and any suggestion otherwise is false.” “These funds have and continue to afford numerous students the support they need to receive an education in the Cinematic Arts,” the statement from the School of Cinematic Arts read.last_img read more

On-song Donaghy leads Kerry to All-Ireland glory

first_imgThey’ve beaten Donegal on a scoreline of 2-9 to 0-12 at Croke Park. Kieran Donaghy and Paul Geaney each kicked 1-2 as the Kingdom won their 37th All Ireland title and their first since 2009.In the curtain-raiser, Kerry won a first All Ireland Minor football title in 20 years.  They beat Donegal on a scoreline of 0-17 to 1-10 in the curtain-raiser at Croke Park.last_img

Costa has until this evening to respond to violent conduct charge

first_imgHe was caught on camera raising his hands to Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny’s face during Chelsea’s Premier League win on Saturday.The incident was missed by referee Mike Dean.Arsenal’s Gabriel Paulista needs to answer an improper conduct charge by Thursday for his behaviour after getting sent off for kicking Costa – while both clubs have been charged with failing to control their players. Meanwhile, Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed he made sure he was paid more than any of his players as Manchester United manager.It was guaranteed under a contract he signed in 2010.More than two years after his retirement, his new book is released today.Fergie says the success he brought to United was largely down to how he always got his players to recover from disappointment.last_img read more

Tipp ‘highly motivated’ heading into qualifier

first_imgTipp FM will have full, live coverage of the match from 4.45 on Saturday, which will be brought to you in association with McDonald’s at Junction 8 on the M8, Cashel. The Premier County play Derry in a Round 4A clash on Saturday evening.Proceedings at Kingspan Breffni Park in Cavan get underway at 5 o’clock.The Tipp boss doesn’t think the controversial choice of venue has increased the side’s determination to defeat the Oakleaf county.last_img

Edo Boy Wins ABU Welterweight Title, N1.5m

first_imgGOTv Boxing Night 10Stanley “Edo Boy” Eribo, on Monday, won the African Boxing Union welterweight title when he defeated Ghana’s Isaac Sowah at GOtv Boxing Night 10, which held at the Indoor Sports Hall of the National Stadium, Lagos.For his impressive performance, he was also voted the best boxer of the night, winning a cash prize of N1.5million. It was a classic Edo Boy performance, cleverly holding off his bulkier opponent and coming up with telling combinations when it mattered most to win by unanimous decision.The night also completed the Oto Joseph/Nurudeen Fatai trilogy, when the arch rivals clashed for the third time. As with the previous duels, national lightweight champion, Joseph won, knocking out the former national champion in the fourth of their eight-round contest.Also in the lightweight division, Rilwan Oladosu defeated Prince Nwoye.Another grudge match on the night paired national featherweight champion, Waidi Usman and his predecessor, Dare Oyewole, who was knocked out by his opponent.In the light welterweight division, rocked by the last minute injury-induced cancellation of the West African title defence by Olaide Fijabi, rising star Rilwan Babatunde defeated Sikiru Shogbesan.The light heavyweight clash of the night ended in defeat to the debuting Emmanuel Igwe, who suffered a knockout against Kabiru Towolawi.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

‘Fighting Wilder is Joshua’s Top Priority’

first_imgWilder’s co-manager Shelly Finkel wants to resume negotiations for the Joshua fight provided that terms remain private and Matchroom Boxing boss Hearn is determined to agree on a blockbuster bout with all the world titles at stake.“I won’t talk about the negotiations we’re having at the moment, because I did that last time and it bit me in the bottom,” Hearn told Sky Sports News.“I’m going to stay quiet, keep this mush peeled and shut, and try and make the undisputed heavyweight fight. That’s the priority, it’s always been the priority, always been the plan.”Joshua has also welcomed a British battle with Fury, who climbed off the canvas twice during the Wilder fight, only to be denied victory by the judges’ scorecards in Los Angeles.But Hearn believes the Joshua-Wilder fight must happen next instead of an immediate rematch for Fury.“Josh still likes the Tyson Fury fight. I’ve spoken to him numerous times,” said Hearn.“Josh is in camp now in America, and he would love to fight Fury, he would.“I’ve spoken to Fury yesterday, just said well done. I take my hat off to him. I was wrong. He proved me wrong against (Wladimir) Klitschko, he proved me wrong against Deontay Wilder. I think what he’s done is remarkable.“I still believe Anthony Joshua is hands down the best heavyweight in the world. I believe he knocks out Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury, but maybe I’ll be wrong again, but it’s a brilliant time for the heavyweight game.“There is a rematch that could happen between Wilder and Fury. But if Wilder really wants to be the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, he must fight Joshua next, otherwise, we may just all miss the boat on that one. But anything can happen.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram GLOBAL SOCCER\\OTHER SPORTSPromoter Eddie Hearn said that Anthony Joshua’s top priority remains an undisputed heavyweight fight against Deontay Wilder at Wembley on April 13.The British star has reiterated his desire to face Wilder in his next scheduled fight at the national stadium after the American retained his WBC belt in a split decision draw with Tyson Fury at the weekend.last_img read more

GVC Holdings confident of delivering its 2018 targets & objectives

first_img Submit StumbleUpon Share Share Publishing its Q3 2018 trading update (period ending 30 September), FTSE100 betting group GVC Holdings details continued corporate growth and progress on its core strategic objectives.The enlarged FTSE firm continues its strong digital momentum, recording +28% period NGR increase, detailing growth across all its major operating territories.Boosted by the closing stages of World Cup Russia 2018, GVC sports brands NGR grew 31%, with the company maintaining double-digit growth for its acquired Ladbrokes (+24%) and Coral UK (+29%) digital properties.Furthermore, a strengthened digital framework has helped GVC Casino/Games brands achieve 19% NGR increase, driven by ‘strong levels of first-time depositors’.Despite its digital growth, GVC cannot escape tougher UK retail operating conditions, with the company reporting a like-for-like 2% NGR decline. Nevertheless, the firm’s UK retail woes are offset by +24% increase in its European retail assets, as GVC reports strong growth across its Italian assets.GVC Holdings Q3 2018 Trading UpdateMoving forward, GVC governance highlights significant future prospects for the operator, having secured its US joint-venture partnership with MGM Resorts during the Q3 trading.GVC will now act as technology and operations lead for MGM Resorts, the US’ biggest land-based casino operator, gaining a significant foothold within the liberalised US sports betting market. The strategic partnership will see GVC develop and launch exclusive platform and digital properties through the ‘playMGM’ brand.Commenting on the Trading update, GVC Holdings Group CEO Kenneth Alexander said:“The Group’s performance in the quarter was very pleasing with momentum continuing across the Online and European Retail divisions. As highlighted in our H1 results, we will look to consolidate our position in markets where we are taking market share through the reinvestment of excess returns, and the board is confident in its full-year expectations.“We believe our sports-betting joint venture with MGM is best placed to be the market leader in the US and we have taken the first steps on that journey with the soft-launch of our sports-betting app in New Jersey. We have also recently announced a series of CSR measures including a multi-million-pound commitment to responsible gambling initiatives and a call for a pre-watershed ban of TV advertising in the UK around football and other live sports.“The industry continues to evolve and whilst there are challenges there are also many exciting opportunities. Through our proprietary technology, a portfolio of brands, leading product and talent, GVC is well placed to continue to deliver shareholder value.”last_img read more

Spillemyndigheden shuts down 16 illegal gaming websites

first_img Submit StumbleUpon Spillemyndigheden reports decline in Q2 betting August 25, 2020 A further 16 websites have been blocked by the Danish Gambling Authority, Spillemyndigheden, after it was found that they were offering betting and gaming without a licence.The ruling was issued in March 2020, and marks the sixth time that the regulator has gone to court to have unlicensed betting, casino and skin betting websites blocked, having now blocked a total of 90 websites since 2012.The regulator had initially requested that 17 websites were blocked by the district court. One provider stopped the illegal provision before the case was conducted, and in March 2020, the district court ruled in favour of the Danish Gambling Authority in the 16 remaining cases.Seven of the sites blocked were online casino websites, seven offered skin betting, and the remaining two offered sports betting.As part of their licence conditions, all gambling operators with a Danish licence must clearly display the Spillemyndigheden label on their website and on all marketing material.“We work to protect players against illegal gambling, and we also need to ensure that the operators who are licenced to offer gambling in Denmark can run their businesses under orderly conditions. That is why it is very important for us to clamp down on gambling offered without a licence,” explained the Director of the Danish Gambling Authority, Morten Niels Jakobsen. Related Articles Share Share Altenar: Supporting expansion plans in Denmark and Portugal August 20, 2020 Danish gambling prepares for MitID launch June 26, 2020last_img read more

“I am scoring twice against Kotoko on Friday”- LC FC forward Sadick Sule warns

first_imgLegon Cities FC striker, Sadick Sule, has laid down a strong warning to Asante Kotoko ahead of their Week 2 Ghana Premier League clash on Friday at the Accra Sports Stadium.Sule has boldly declared that he will score two goals against the Porcupine Warriors in the first meeting of the two teams this season.Sule and his team grabbed a 2-2 draw against Liberty Professionals in Dansoman in the opening round of the league season and Sule is hoping that they will get their first victory of the season and that feat will be powered by two goals from him.“I am very confident and on Friday I will score two goals against Kotoko God willing. It is something I have planned to do I believe we will take the 3 points.Going up against Kotoko is no big deal for us because we are footballers just like that are. We are well prepared to take all the points at the Accra Sports Stadium so we are not worried at all. We know who they are but we also believe in our capabilities.”The match is the first non-weekend league game of the season and it is the first of three matches at the Accra Sports Stadium in Week 2 with the other two being Inter Allies vs Bechem United on Saturday and Great Olympics vs Aduana Stars on Sunday.Legon Cities FC lie 10th on the league table with a point while Kotoko are  6th with 3 points.last_img read more