Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York An insulin syringe and pen (Credit: Bruce Blaus)South Nassau Communities Hospital is urging more than 4,200 patients to get blood tests after they may have been exposed to hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV at the Oceanside medical facility.Hospital officials are voluntarily notifying a specific group of patients that may have received insulin from an insulin pen reservoir—not the pen’s single-use disposable needle—that may have been used on more than one patient, representatives of the medical center said in a statement.“The risk of infection from this is extremely low, nonetheless, out of an abundance of caution, the hospital is recommending that patients receiving the notification be tested,” the statement read. “While the testing is voluntary, it is recommended.”Damian Becker, a spokesman for the hospital, said the letters were sent out last month after a nurse was overheard saying in January that the insulin pen reservoirs are OK to reuse, at which time the nursing administrative team was notified.The patients who are receiving notifications are being offered free and confidential blood testing services. Affected patients are recommended to schedule a blood test within 60 days of receiving the letter. About 300 patients have contacted the hospital so far.The hospital said it is working with the New York State Department of Health on the issue. It also has banned the use of insulin pens and permitted only single-patient-use vials to administer prescribed insulin treatments to patients.To inquire about testing, patients can call the hospital at 516-208-0029.
The Croatian National Tourist Board has announced two purchases on its official website. The first is for the submission of bids for photo and video recording on the topic of nautical tourism, and the second is the bid for the development of the conceptual design, organization and implementation of the awards ceremony within the project “Annual Croatian Tourist Awards” at the Days of Croatian Tourism in Hvar from 24 to 25 October 2018In the first procurement for nautical tourism, the deadline for submission of bids is 10.09. to 12.00, and for the organization of the DHT awards ceremony in Hvar, the deadline for submission of bids is September 10.09.2018, XNUMX.1. Invitation to submit bids for photo and video recording on the topic of nautical tourism2. Invitation for submission of bids for the development of the conceptual design, organization and implementation of the award ceremony within the project “Annual Croatian Tourist Awards” at the Days of Croatian Tourism in Hvar from 24 to 25 October 2018.
“He short-circuited Donald’s ability to develop and experience the entire spectrum of human emotion,” Trump writes. “Donald requires division. It is the only way he knows how to survive – my grandfather ensured that decades ago when he turned his children against each other.”The book, due out next Tuesday, is the first Trump biography written by a family member. Reuters obtained a copy of the book. The president’s brother Robert has tried unsuccessfully, so far, to block its publication. The court battle continues but is not expected to halt publication.White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said on Tuesday that it was a “book of falsehoods.” Its publication comes as Trump, a Republican, seeks a second term in the Nov. 3 presidential election.Mary Trump has a troubled history with her uncle, who clashed with her father, Fred Jr., before he died at age 42 after a battle with alcoholism. Topics : Mary and her brother also engaged in a protracted legal battle over Fred Sr.’s estate after his death in 1999. She writes she secretly helped New York Times reporters on a 2018 investigation that outlined how Trump and his siblings avoided millions of dollars in taxes.Speculation about Trump’s mental state is common among his political detractors. Mary Trump brings a different perspective, however, because she has a PhD in psychology and decades of first-hand experience with Trump and his broader family.”I have no problem calling Donald a narcissist … but the label gets us only so far,” she writes, adding that the president might also suffer from other pathologies that prevent him from accepting responsibility for his actions and empathizing with others. She writes that he also may suffer from learning and sleep disorders.”He knows deep down that he is nothing of what he claims to be,” she writes. “He knows he has never been loved.” In a new book, a niece of President Donald Trump applies her training in psychology to conclude that the president likely suffers from narcissism and other clinical disorders – and was boosted to success by a father who fueled those traits.In “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man,” Mary Trump writes of a “malignantly dysfunctional family” dominated by a patriarch, Fred Trump, who showed little interest in his five children other than grooming an heir for his real-estate business.Ultimately, he settled on Donald, she wrote, deciding that his second son’s “arrogance and bullying” would come in handy at the office, and encouraged it.
Comment Advertisement Tierney looked in agony as he walked off the pitch against West Ham (Picture: Getty Images)Arsenal left-back Kieran Tierney has opened up on the ‘toughest time’ of his life recovering from the excruciating shoulder injury that has kept him out of action since December.The 22-year-old struggled with a hernia injury when he first arrived from Celtic but quickly impressed after returning to fitness – though he suffered a serious setback when he dislocated his shoulder during the Gunners’ 3-1 win over West Ham shortly before Christmas.Tierney has been working his way back from the injury and only just returned to first-team training in the last few weeks.The Scotland international told Sport Bible: ‘Mentally it was probably the toughest time of my life. In my head I was thinking, “I need an operation now.” I knew.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘Three times in ten minutes, nobody’s shoulder should be going like that. So in my head as I was lying down I was thinking, “That’s me out for another few months”.‘I knew that devastation straight away and I think you can see it on my face.’ Metro Sport ReporterThursday 19 Mar 2020 5:20 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link5.8kShares Advertisement Kieran Tierney reveals details of horrific injury as Arsenal defender dislocated shoulder THREE times in ten minutes Tierney back in full training after months out with injury (Picture: Getty Images)With the emergence of 18-year-old wonderkid Bukayo Saka, Tierney may struggle to earn back his spot at left-back straight away.The full-back detailed the long road back from his serious injury, and the mental toughness required to keep moving forward.He added: ‘There is always ways you can improve yourself although it’s not on the pitch or with the ball, you are still improving yourself and your physique and every day you are injured. You are improving your mentality as well.‘I’ll be watching who is playing in my position, who I’d be playing against and how the team are playing so when I do get integrated back into training games it’s like second nature.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal‘I know the way the team play, how they want to play and how the manager wants to do his things.‘It’s never ideal sitting on the sideline watching but I just want the team to win and be successful.‘Everybody loves going out and playing football but to be mentally tough and to deal with all these obstacles and hurdles that people throw at you, it’s the hardest part but when you get to the other side it’s the most rewarding part.’Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page.MORE: Willian sends message to Chelsea manager Frank Lampard amid Arsenal and Tottenham transfer linksMORE: Willian sends message to Chelsea manager Frank Lampard amid Arsenal and Tottenham transfer links
Members of Ebenezer Praise. The Trinity Baptist Church (TBC) will launch its first ever Gospel Album on Thursday, 12th April, 2012, at the Garraway Hotel in Roseau. The Album contains amazing soul uplifting scripturally sound and Christ exalting songs composed and sang by the members of Ebenezer Praise.Ebenezer Praise is a group of young people, formed in 2004 with the mission of communicating the heart of God to others, honouring God, reach the lost and touch lives through praise and worship. The album is a result of several hours of dedicate preparation and practice to ensure it met the standard of Colossians 3:23 which states that, “whatever you do, do it heartily as to the Lord and not unto men.” Ebenezer Praise is derived from the scripture, in the book of 1 Samuel 7:12, which signifies, “Thus far the Lord has helped us”. The album which is entitled “Glorious One” derives its name from the ultimate purpose of all activity for God, which is to glorify Him in everythingThis project has given the members of the group the opportunity to develop their writing talents and musical abilities for the kingdom of God. The album is compiled with ten (10) original, inspirational and enriching compositions. The different genres of contemporary music vary from Worship to Reggae, Rock to Zouk-Cadence.The media is encouraged to participate and interview the key persons of Ebenezer Praise at the Press Launch.CDs will be available at these locations: Trinity Baptist Church, Eezee Pharmacy, Bullseye Pharmacy and CLC Bookstore.Press Release FaithLifestyleLocalNews Trinity Baptist Church launches first ever gospel album by: – April 11, 2012 Tweet Share Share 80 Views no discussions Sharing is caring! Share
Promoted Content10 Big Movie Stars Who Got Famous Thanks To Soap OperasTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?The Best Cars Of All TimeYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeThe 10 Biggest Historical Mysteries That Can’t Be Solved10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do Loading… Kobe Bryant’s widow Vanessa filed a lawsuit on Monday against the operators of the helicopter that crashed on January 26, killing the NBA icon and eight others. The suit was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on the same day that Bryant, his 13-year-old daughter Gianna and the other seven crash victims were memorialized in a public ceremony at the Staples Center. Fans arrive to attend the “Celebration of Life for Kobe and Gianna Bryant” service at Staples Center The lawsuit names Island Express Helicopters, Island Express Holding Corp. and the estate of the helicopter’s pilot, Ara Zobayan, who was among the victims. Gianna Bryant’s basketball teammates Alyssa Altobelli and Payton Chester, Altobelli’s parents John and Keri, Payton’s mother Sarah and basketball coach Christina Mauser were also killed. The National Transportation Safety Board is still investigating the exact cause of the crash, although preliminary findings showed no sign of mechanical failure. Monday’s lawsuit faults the company for allowing the helicopter to fly in “heavy fog and low clouds” that Sunday morning, conditions which prompted “law enforcement agencies and tour companies” to ground their helicopters.Advertisement “On information and belief, Island Express Helicopters Federal Aviation Administration operating certificate limited its pilots to flying only under visual flight rules,” the lawsuit says. “The subject helicopter was not licensed or certified to be flown into instrument conditions. On information and belief, the pilot-in-command, Ara George Zobayan, was required to fly only in conditions that he could navigate visually. “Ara George Zobayan attempted to maneuver the helicopter up and forward to clear the clouds, then entered a turn sending the helicopter into steep terrain at approximately 180 mph,” according to the suit. “Witnesses on the ground reported seeing the helicopter flying through a layer of clouds and fog before the helicopter crashed.” Read Also: Beyonce kicks off LA memorial for Kobe Bryant, daughter The lawsuit notes that in 2015 Zobayan was cited by the FAA for violating the visual flight rules minimums by “flying into an airspace of reduced visibility from weather conditions.” Island Express did not immediately comment on the suit, which seeks unspecified general, economic and punitive damages. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
Tensions skyrocketed following a US strike on Baghdad in January that killed Iranian general Qasem Soleimani and Iraqi commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, with lawmakers in Baghdad demanding the expulsion of the roughly 5,200 US troops in the country. American troops were deployed in Iraq from 2014 to head a military coalition fighting the Islamic State jihadist group. AFP The United States also promised support to prop up the struggling Iraqi economy as the two nations held their first strategic dialogue in more than a decade. WASHINGTON – The United States said Thursday it would reduce troops in Iraq in the coming months as friction between the two countries eased under a new US-friendly premier in Baghdad. President Donald Trump responded by threatening crippling sanctions and, according to US military sources, Washington began planning a vast bombing spree against groups blamed for the rockets. (AFP)
Greensburg, In. — Officials from the Decatur County Emergency Management Agency say paving on County Road 1000 South between County Roads 60E and 350W will cause traffic delays.
Promoted ContentTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?Playing Games For Hours Can Do This To Your BodyBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalGorgeous Asian Actresses All Men Are Crazy AboutMeghan And Harry’s Royal Baby: Everything You Need To Know6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually TrueYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?Insane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street Art18 Beautiful Cities That Are Tourist Magnets Loading… He told Fanatik: “Mesut Özil isn’t 39 years old. The man is 32 years old, Arsenal’s number 10. Does he come to Fenerbahçe? Why come …? read also:Fenerbahce favourites to sign Arsenal playmaker Ozil “Why should Mesut Özil come to Fenerbahçe now? Fenerbahçe is seventh and eighth every season.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Former Fenerbahce star, Serhat Akin, has warned Mesut Ozil off a move to his old club. Mesut Ozil’s agent has urged Premier League stars to reject the pay cut Fenerbahce officials have confirmed talks with the Arsenal midfielder about a future move to Istanbul. But Akin says Ozil needs to think carefully about such a switch.Advertisement