The singer who hid a beautiful new song in her YouTube videos

first_imgIt also brings to mind the epic five year wait for the Twitter account based on Rocky Horror Picture Show’s Frank N Furter to complete the word “anticipation”, and, for me that one time that I tweeted the lyrics to Jay-Z’s “99 Problems” for its tenth anniversary. The “hidden message in online social media” viral trend isn’t all that new, but it is always impressive. On August 24, 2018, Twitter user @CostcoRiceBag revealed they had been secretly tweeting the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody using the first word of their tweets over a matter of months. Because Mart had tweeted the words in reverse, users could “sing” Bohemian Rhapsody by scrolling through her feed. These are our favorite YouTube channels (not called CNET) YouTube/doddleoddle YouTuber and musician, Dorothy “Dodie” Clark, just pulled off an almighty, super wholesome YouTube heist that will blow your mind.Dodie, who goes by the moniker “doddleoddle” on YouTube is an English singer and songwriter. Over the last nine months, she uploaded a number of videos that seemed like the standard YouTube fair: vlogs, songs, chatting to her subscribers, fairy lights and general fun shenanigans. But underneath it all, Dodie had hatched a plan.”I’ve uploaded some videos but in each one are several hidden lyrics of a song I’ve written”, she explains at the beginning of her latest video, posted on Jan. 22Dodie explains that in her previous uploaded videos she had been slipping lyrics — sung in the right key, no less — into her vlogs in a clandestine operation to “build a song scrapbook-style”. At the end of her secret nine month stunt, Dodie says she “made a baby of sorts”. The song that she had hidden within was her new single “Arms Unfolding”, which she says was inspired by friends learning to love again, which resonated with how she was feeling about YouTube at the time. It’s all very wholesome and sweet.You can watch — and listen to — Dodie’s video below: 12 Photos Online Tags Share your voice 0 CES 2019: See all of CNET’s coverage of the year’s biggest tech show.Everything about Fortnite: What you need to know about the hit game. IS IT JUST ME, OR DID I JUST PULL OFF THE GREATEST TWITTER SCHEME OF ALL TIME?????Read the first word of my tweets to find out….— Hadie Mart (@CostcoRiceBag) August 23, 2018 Post a comment YouTubelast_img read more

Tanu Weds Manu Returns 13Day Box Office Collection Kangana Starrer Set for

first_img#TanuWedsManuReturns should close Week 2 at ₹ 115 cr+ in India. Week 3 should take it ₹ 125 cr. BLOCKBUSTER. — taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) June 4, 2015Now, trade analysts are waiting to see how the movie is going to perform in the coming weekends, with the release of “Dil Dhadakne Do”.Directed by Zoya Akhtar, the upcoming film has already garnered great response from its special screening and is touted as a complete entertainment package. Moreover, the film has some big names, including Ranveer Singh, Priyanka Chopra, Farhan Akhtar, Anushka Sharma, Rahul Bose, Anil Kapoor and Shefali Shah attached to it. Tanu Weds Manu ReturnsFacebookThe blockbuster hit film, “Tanu Weds Manu Returns”, is continuing its success run at the box office. The movie, which has already become the first Bollywood movie of 2015 to cross the ₹100 crore mark in Indian business, has now emerged as the winner of the box office race.According to trade analyst Taran Adarsh, “Tanu Weds Manu Returns” is expected to close its second week with business of more than ₹115 crore in the Indian market. Moreover, they are now expecting the film to reach ₹125 crore at the domestic box office.The collection of “Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ in week 2 is as follows:Friday: ₹6.65 croreSaturday: ₹9.40 croreSunday: ₹12.25 croreMonday: ₹5.15 croreTuesday: ₹4.65 crore.Wednesday: ₹4.35 croreGrand Total: ₹ 112.52 croreMeanwhile, “Tanu Weds Manu Returns” now ranks fifth after “PK”, “Krrish 3″, Dhoom 3” and “Kick” in the list of the highest second-week grossing movies in India.#TanuWedsManuReturns should close Week 2 at ₹ 115 cr+ in India. Week 3 should take it ₹ 125 cr. BLOCKBUSTER.— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) June 4, 2015last_img read more

Area 51 storming getting out of hands US Air Force warns public

first_imgPixabayArea 51, the most secretive United States military installation, has been the hottest debating point among conspiracy theorists for years. Many people believe that the United States Air Force (USAF) is developing anti-gravity military vessels using alien technology in this site, and they outlandishly argue that extraterrestrials from deep space are helping military scientists in this mission. A few weeks back, Area 51 again became the talking topic of the country, as a Facebook event named ‘Storm Area 51, They Can’t Stop us All’ invited residents of the United States to raid the secret military base.As per the latest updates, more than 1.5 million people have expressed their interest to participate in the alien raid that will take place at 03.00 AM on September 20, 2019. Even though it started as a tongue-in-cheek program, the initiative has already grabbed the eyeballs of alien enthusiasts, and many people have adamantly started demanding that raiding the secretive military base is a necessity to disclose secrets about alien life.In the meantime, the United States Air Force has warned people against participating in this internet joke. The USAF has already issued a warning stating that any illegal entry in the area is highly discouraged. They also made it clear that this secretive site located in Nevada desert is used for advanced training in support of US national interests.As rumours surrounding a possible Area 51 raid thrive, creator of the Facebook event, Matty Roberts, has openly come forward and has revealed that the joke is slowly getting out of hands.”I posted it on like June 27th and it was kind of a joke. And then it waited for like three days, like 40 people, and then it just completely took off, out of nowhere. It’s pretty wild. The FBI is going to show up at my house and it got a little spooky from there. I just thought it would be a funny idea for the meme page. And it just took off like wildfire. It’s entirely satirical though, and most people seem to understand that,” Roberts told KLAS-TV of Las Vegas, Fox News reports.Even after the admission made by Matty Roberts, some military experts argue that the plan to conduct the Area 51 raid is organized by the ISIS. Area 51 veteran Thornton ‘T.D.’ Barnes warned that ISIS terrorists may infiltrate during the raid, and it will cause ultimate chaos in the area.last_img read more

US to work with Myanmar for safe Rohingya return US

first_imgUS President’s deputy assistant Lisa Curtis speaking with reporters after visiting Rohingya camp in Kutupalang on Saturday. Photo: Prothom AloThe United States has said the world will continue to watch the Rohingya situation and will continue to do everything possible to make sure that Rohingyas are protected and safe.“The world is watching. The world will continue to watch and continue to do everything possible,” US president’s deputy assistant Lisa Curtis told reporters after visiting Rohingya camp in Kutupalang on Saturday, reports news agency UNB.Lisa, also senior director for South and Central Asia of the National Security Council in the White House, said they will continue to work with the Myanmar government to ensure that required conditions are there for “safe and voluntary” return of Rohingyas to their homeland.She said the US government is looking for accountability to prevent any further atrocities against the Rohingyas who are already suffering immensely.The US official said they will remain committed to work together with the government of Bangladesh so that these vulnerable people stay safe and protected.She said they wanted to convey Rohingyas that they have a voice.Appreciating Bangladesh’s efforts Lisa Curtis said they thank Bangladesh for opening their arms providing protection and safety and wellbeing. “US is deeply grateful to the government of Bangladesh.”US ambassador in Dhaka Marcia Bernicat said they are working with the international community and the Myanmar government to make sure that Rohingyas can return home in peaceful, dignified and voluntary manner.”She said they are working hard not only save lives in the camp but also to support the government of Bangladesh.US president Donald Trump’s aide arrived in Bangladesh Friday morning on a three-day official visit to discuss bilateral issues, including security and the Rohingya crisis.US ambassador, earlier on Wednesday said the Rohingya crisis was not losing world attention as the international media were still giving focus and good coverage on the matter. “I don’t think international attention and support are going to fade regarding the Rohingya issue.”She said her government and the international community were looking for ways to help improve the situation and ensure the safe return of Rohingyas to their homes in Myanmar.last_img read more

Indian jobless rate highest in 45 years

first_imgTradespeople sit on the side of a road as they wait to get hired for work in Mumbai, India, on 6 November 2017. — Photo: ReutersAn official survey that has been withheld by the government shows India’s unemployment rate rose to its highest level in at least 45 years in 2017/18, the Business Standard newspaper reported on Thursday, delivering a blow to Prime Minister Narendra Modi months before a general election.A political controversy over the survey erupted after the acting chairman and another member of the body that reviewed the jobs data resigned, saying there had been a delay in its scheduled December release and alleging interference by other state agencies.The assessment by the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO), conducted July 2017-June 2018, showed an unemployment rate of 6.1 per cent. That was the highest since 1972/73, the period for which the data are comparable, the newspaper reported, citing documents it had reviewed. It did not give a figure for 1972/73.But the government think-tank NITI Aayog said the report was only a draft and that a final version would be published in March. It denied unemployment was widespread in India, whose economy is one of the fastest growing in the world.“You can’t be growing annually at 7.2 per cent and saying that there are no jobs being created in the economy,” NITI Aayog Chief Executive Amitabh Kant said at a press conference.“To my mind, the problem is that there’s a lack of good-quality jobs, and that’s what we need to focus on. There’s a wages problem, and there’s a very big informal sector in India’s economy.”He said the country was creating more than 7 million jobs a year, enough for “new entrants” joining the workforce.Rahul Gandhi, the leader of the Congress party, the main opposition, said the report showed “a national disaster”.Though India’s economy has been expanding by 7 per cent plus annually, uneven growth has meant that new jobs are not keeping pace. And critics say the government’s claims of economic success have sounded increasingly hollow.Modi’s ambitious Make-in-India project has failed to take off. It was intended to increase the share of domestic manufacturing from 17 per cent of gross domestic product to about 25 per cent and create jobs for an estimated 1.2 million youth entering the market.Instead, the report showed 18.7 per cent of urban males aged 15-29 were without work, and the jobless rate for urban females the same age was 27.2 per cent.Worse, the labour force participation rate – the proportion of population working or seeking jobs – declined to 36.9 per cent in 2017/18 from 39.5 per cent in 2011/12, the report said. The comparable rate for the United States was 63.1 per cent in December.The NITI Aayog said the government needed more quarterly data to publish a “comparable” jobs report.But PC Mohanan, who on Monday resigned as the head of the government-funded National Statistical Commission, said the standalone report for the last fiscal year should have been published.“There’s no link between this and the quarterly data,” Mohanan told Reuters. “This report was released for approval because this is a standalone report and it does not require any additional verification with any sources.”CRISIS EVERYWHEREHimanshu, an associate professor at New Delhi’s Jawaharlal Nehru University who specialises in development economics, said that the jobs crisis was everywhere to see.“News and data like thousands of PhDs applying for waiter jobs in Mumbai or millions applying for just a thousand jobs in Gujarat or 10 million applying for a small number of jobs in railways,” he said.“I mean, these kind of examples are everywhere,” he said, pointing to street protests by caste and other interest groups seeking quotas for government jobs.The data provides the first comprehensive assessment of India’s employment since Modi’s decision in November 2016 to withdraw most of the country’s banknotes from circulation overnight.After the chaotic launch of a national sales tax in July 2017, hundreds of thousands have lost jobs in small businesses.The gloomy jobs data could be awkward for Modi’s Hindu nationalist government to explain with a general election looming and opinion polls already showing the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party unlikely to keep its parliamentary majority.“It’s a very, very serious issue, and that is the why the government didn’t want this data to come out in the public domain,” said former Finance Minister Yashwant Sinha.A report released by the All India Manufacturers’ Organisation said last month 3.5 million jobs had been lost since 2016, mainly due to demonetisation and rising working costs after the launch of the national tax.last_img read more